RADEON 9800 Series of visual processors is the most visually advanced 3D performer on the planet, delivering an immersive, cinematic experience for the most demanding next-generation games with 128MB of DDR memory and a 256-bit memory interface. Merging advanced stability with revolutionary features, RADEON 9800 Series is the only Visual Processing family in its 2nd generation.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number
Manufacturer Website Address
RADEON 9800 PRO Graphics Card
Number of Monitors Supported
Processor & Chipset
Number of VGA Outputs
Number of S-Video Outputs
Total Number of DVI Outputs
- Operating Systems Support: - Windows® XP - Windows® 2000 - Windows® Me
- Display Support: - VGA connector for analog CRT - S-video or composite connector for TV / VCR - DVI-I connector for digital CRT or flat panel - Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions and refresh rates
- Features: - Eight parallel rendering pipelines - Four parallel geometry engines - MPEG-2 decoding with motion compensation, iDCT and color space conversion - All-format DTV/HDTV decoding - YPrPb component output - Adaptive de-interlacing and frame rate conversion - Dual integrated display controllers - Dual integrated 10-bit per channel 400 MHz DACs - Integrated 165 MHz TMDS transmitter (DVI 1.0 compliant and HDCP ready) - Integrated TV Output support up to 1024x768 resolution - Optimized for Pentium® 4 SSE2 and AMD Athlon 3Dnow! - Windows® Logo Program compliant
- At-a-glance: - Prepare yourself for the world's fastest and most compelling gameplay, courtesy of the unprecedented power, control and eight-pipeline architecture of RADEON 9800 Series. - Experience feature film quality on your PC, the new standard in 3D entertainment. - Advanced stability meets revolutionary features with support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, - OpenGL® feature sets and the only cinematic quality Visual Processing Unit in its 2nd generation.
- Features: - Cinematic Rendering: - 128MB of DDR memory provides increased performance when rendering high resolution textures, characters, and environments - 256-bit memory interface delivers the bandwidth for real-time 3D graphics and barrier-free performance - 8-pixel pipeline architecture doubles the rendering power of other graphics processors
- Generation Now Technology: - Supports the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL® feature sets, ensuring long-term compatibility with the hottest gaming releases. - FULLSTREAM removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video to deliver smoother looking, higher quality online content. - VIDEOSHADER integrates features to provide unprecedented support for digital and high definition video.
- RADEON 9800 Series of products requires connection to your PC's internal power supply for operation. Consult your system builder or OEM to ensure your system has an adequate power supply. Otherwise, ATI recommends a 300-Watt power supply or greater to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal devices are installed.
- Intel® Pentium® 4/III, Celeron II, AMD® K7/Athlon®/ Athlon® XP with AGP 8X (0.8v), 4X (1.5V) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (8X/4X).
- 128MB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive