Colossus is a High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings at resolutions up to 1080i. HD PVR records component video (YCrCb) from video game consoles and cable TV and satellite set top boxes, with a built-in IR blaster to automatically change TV channels for scheduled recordings.
Colossus also has an HDMI input port, so you can record HD video at up to 1080i from a un-encrypted HDMI source.
Audio is recorded using two channel stereo or optical audio with five channel Dolby Digital.
The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray DVD disks. Two hours of HD recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7 GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player.
- WinTV v7
- Arcsoft ShowBiz
- Colossus Video Recorder
- Hauppauge Remote Control
- A/V Cable Adapters (two sets supplied)
- Component Video Cable Set
- IR Blaster/Receiver Cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- Processor Requirements (minimum for HD playback): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
- Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
- PCI Express x1 slot
- Sound card for audio playback
- CD-ROM drive
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP service pack 2 (32-bit)