GIGABYTE G291-2G0 Barebone - 2U Rackmount - 2x LGA-3647 - Intel C621 Chipset - 16x GPU
- Number of Processors Supported: 2
- Processor Socket: Socket P LGA-3647
- Maximum Memory: 128 GB
- Memory Standard: DDR4-2933/PC4-23466
- Supports up to 16 x single slot GPU cards
- NVIDIA® validated GPU platform
- 2nd Gen. Intel® Xeon® Scalable and Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- 6-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4, 24 x DIMMs
- Supports Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory
- 2 x 10Gb/s BASE-T LAN ports
- 1 x Dedicated management port
- 8 x 2.5 hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- 16 x PCIe Gen3 expansion slots for GPUs
- 2 x PCIe x16 Half-length low-profile slots for add-on cards
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- Dual 2200W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant/hot-swap power supply
- Optimized performance with Mellanox Infiniband EDR and Ethernet 100G products
GIGABYTE's servers are fully ready to support the second generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family processors, codenamed Cascade Lake, which bring the following major enhancements:
- Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory: Built-in support for this revolutionary new product based on Intel's 3D Xpoint technology
- Overall Performance: Higher CPU frequencies, improved turbo profiles vs. prior-gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors
- Increased DDR4 Memory Speed & Capacity: Up to 2933MHz (1 DIMM per channel on some SKUs), 16Gb based DIMM supported
- Intel Deep Learning Boost: Significantly accelerates inference performance for deep learning workloads optimized to use VNNI (Vector Neural Network Instructions)
- Security: Hardware mitigations for Meltdown / Spectre security vulnerabilities
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processors
GIGABYTE's Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family servers are available in dual socket configurations, and are compatible with the full family of different SKUs (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) that are workload optimized to support different applications, from enterprise IT database, cloud and storage to the most high-demand HPC workloads.
Advanced features built into the silicon include:
- Intel® QAT: Speed up data compression and cryptography with integrated Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT).
- Intel® AVX-512: Intel Advanced Vector Extension 512 instruction set architecture enables workload-optimized performance and throughput increases for advanced analytics, high performance computing (HPC) applications, and data compression.
- Intel® VROC: Intel Xeon Scalable Processors come with built-in support for Intel VROC (Virtual RAID on CPU). And GIGABYTE Intel Xeon Scalable NVMe SKU servers all ship with an Intel VROC module as standard.
- Intel® Omni-Path: Selected GIGABYTE servers support CPU SKUs with integrated Intel Omni-Path Fabric connection